The pandemic has made it easy to feel disconnected. Here’s what we’re doing to stay connected.
Subscribe to Lead Your Tribe in your favourite podcast player: Google | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube Or via Email.
We self sponsor Lead Your Tribe. If you’d like to support us check these out:
BootCraft provides a library of creative workout ideas and drills for smart group fitness trainers. Smart because they save time and create better workout their campers love. Check it out.
Fitness Game Zone is the place to go for connection before content. Start every workout, workshop or class by getting people engaged and having fun. Hundreds of plans to choose from. Check it out.
Questions we cover in this week’s episode:
- Is connecting on social media the same as connecting offline?
- What benefit am I getting from social media? How can I be more purposeful?
- What about a daily phone call instead of a daily post?
- What are some ways to connect offline?
- How to set up a ‘connection exchange’.
- Is time spent connecting ‘work’?
At the end of the episode I warp things up with 3 tips we recommend to help you feel more connected through this time:
- Unscheduled commute or walk and talk time.
- Weekly scheduled calls and catch ups instead of leaving to chance.
- Instead of posting on social media, reach out personally.
Links to things we mentioned:
- BCI Boost: Relationships and Retention
- Documentary: The Social Dilemma
- Podcast epside: Creative/Curious Work – Jim Collins on Brené Brown
- App: Marco Polo
- Article: 36 Questions That Lead To Love
- App: Voxer
- Movie: Wanted
- Dale’s website: Energetic Education
- Kyle’s website: Bootcamp Ideas
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply