Nothing says ‘fun bootcamp’ like rocking up to your clients with a whole heap of tyres and battling ropes. These simple (and often free) pieces of equipment bring something completely new to your bootcamps. The list of exercises and drills is unlimited. For more variety, get some bigger tyres and/or attach some rope to your existing tyres.
Goals: Fun Challenge
Duration: 1 hour
1 car tyre per person, 1 heavy rope per 4 people
Star jumps, squats, t switches for 60 seconds. Repeat twice with 45s and 30s.
Tyre relay run around cones.
- Set up 4 cones in square (or whatever shape depending on how many group members you have).
- Have 1 client stand at each cone.
- Clients run around from cone to cone in a relay using a tyre as the baton.
Circuit 1 – Strength
- Tyre OH Press
- Standing rope pull w KB (add a kettlebell or two to the end of the rope for some extra weight)
- Lunge w tyre twist
- Pushup w feet on tyre
Circuit 2 – Cardio
- Tyre roll 10m
- Tyre slams
- Tyre flip 10m
- Rope run (sprint with rope over shoulder)
Circuit 3 – Core
- Tyre sit ups (in pairs, lock feet and pass tyre to each other)
- Tyre OH squat
- Reverse bear crawl tyre drag
- Rope battle (youtube ‘battling ropes’)
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.