This episode is all about why caring for people is the way to grow your business.
This week on Lead Your Tribe, Kyle Wood interviews Andrea Hayes!
Andrea is the Managing Partner at Change Maker Academy, working alongside Dr. Berardi to help change makers turn their passion for health & fitness into a powerful purpose and a wildly successful career.
She’s also the Program Manager at the University of Victoria’s Innovation Centre, where she teaches, mentors, and establishes key connections for budding entrepreneurs.
Over the last 10 years, she’s started several companies inside — and outside — of the health and fitness space.
I know what it’s like to succeed at something I didn’t love, to fail at something I was deeply passionate about, and to finally win at something I love with people I love working with.
There’s a difference between building a career or a business, and building a life that you love. I find a deep sense of meaning supporting other health and fitness professionals on their journeys as they find success, based on their own successtoday’s guest: Andrea Hayes
She currently lives in British Columbia, Canada with her fiancé and their massive cat, Jerry. When she’s not mentoring other entrepreneurs, she enjoys taking bike rides to the local coffee shops, hiking, and laughing so loud that her friends can detect where she is.
In this episode we talk about:
- What Andrea’s middle initial ‘D’ stands for and why.
- Why Andrea’s response to the pandemic impacted fitness industry was to create a Book Club.
- Why you should show up even when you might fail.
- How having a team forces you to lift your game.
- Which personality assessments we love and how they’ve helped our personal and business lives.
There is nothing to buy again this episode, just a free gift for you.
If you love personality assessments, Andrea has very kindly offered you the chance to do The Caliper for free.
The Caliper Profile is an in-depth personality assessment that will help you get clear, objective information about your strengths, limitations, motivations, and work style, within the context of your career. Your report will also provide you with tangible tips and tools you can use to maximize your potential.
To get started simply email firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31st, 2021.
Links to things we mentioned:
- Website: Change Maker Academy
- Person: Dr. John Berardi
- Facebook Group: Book Club For Health & Fitness Professionals
- Book: Change Maker
- Book: Atomic Habits
- Book: Switch
- Book: Building A StoryBrand
- Book: Effective Techniques for Dealing with Highly Resistant Clients
- Podcast episode: Know Yourself
- Wikipedia: Enneagram
- Article: What Are The 5 Love Languages? Everything You Need To Know
- Personality Assessment: The Caliper (Email email@example.com before July 31st, 2021 to receive yours.)
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.