Here’s one that’s a little different from the timed workouts we post. Campers will need to count their own reps and their own tempos in this self-timed circuit.
All exercises are performed using very slow movements, with a focus on technique:
- 8s Eccentric Movement (for example: lowering into a Squat)
- 4s Concentric Movement (for example: standing up from a Squat)
Have boot campers do 8 to 12 reps per exercise depending on fitness level. Note: Many campers may need to rest during a set (before completing all reps).
- Squat (on Bosu Ball for advanced)
- Stability Ball Chest Fly
- Bicep Curl
- Tricep Overhead Extension
- Triple Crunch ( 4 count up 4 count down: 1 oblique, then center, then oblique opposite side)
- Bulgarian Squat
- Stability Ball Hamstring curl
- Push Up
- Lat Pull Down
- Stability Ball Pike Plank
Do you geek out on planning your sessions?
Is your idea of a good time putting together the ultimate week of workouts? Then I’m fairly certain you’ll love BootCraft.
BootCraft is all of the great workout ideas you find on Bootcamp Ideas (plus several hundred more ideas), deliciously organised and catagorised in a delightful database. Take the time to check it out. Like I said, I think you’ll love it.
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.