This week’s workout was sent in by Stephani Maitland of Gettysburg Health & Fitness. Thanks Stephani!
Killer Countdown 20-15-10
Equipment needed: Cones, Exercise bands, Mats
Place 4 cones in a straight line about 20 – 25 feet apart.
How It Works
Using the first set of exercises as an example:
Starting at cone #1:
- Sprint to cone 4 – 20 Push Ups
- Sprint back to cone 1 – 20 Push Ups
- Sprint to cone 3 – 15 Push Ups
- Sprint back to cone 1 – 15 Push Ups
- Sprint to cone 2 – 10 Push Ups
- Sprint back to cone 1 – 10 Push Ups
Yes, that’s 90 push ups!!! But I do give them the option of lowering the numbers to 15, 10 & 5 (or lower) if they need to, they’re working at their own pace so no one really notices!
I have those that finish first do crunches until the entire group is finished, then move on to the next set of exercises.
If bands are needed they carry theirs with them on this sprints.
1. Sprints / Push Ups
2. High Knee Skips / Rows (seated w/bands)
3. Slides / Squats
4. Bunny Hops / Tricep Ext (bands)
5. Lunge walks / Bicep Curls (bands)
6. High Knee Running / Lunges (stationary each side)
7. Broad Jumps / Bicycle Abs
8. Butt Kicks / Burpees – (No, I don’t make them do 90!! They do 5-5, 4-4, 3-3!! Or whatever # you want!)
As you can see, each set is really just a moving and stationary exercise. You can pair up anything that works for your group!
Stephani Maitland is the owner of Gettysburg Health & Fitness. She has been a personal trainer and group fitness instructor for more than 30 years. Stephani is certified as an instructor in BodyPump, BodyCombat and BodyStep. She has held certifications through the Aerobic and Fitness Instructors of America (AFAA) and American Council on Exercise (ACE). She enjoys scuba diving, hiking, spending time at the beach, and playing with her grandchildren.
Got a workout you’d like to share too? Submit a workout.
Guest submissions are workouts shared by awesome trainers from all around the world. You can read a bit more about this author under the workout above.. To become one of these awesome trainers why don’t you submit one of your own?