The next Avenger superhero to get their own workout is The Incredible Hulk. (Last week was Captain America)
When I thought about what I would include in a Hulk bootcamp workout I thought about lots of carrying, slamming and throwing so I decided that I would need to bust out the tyres and ropes for this session.
The Incredible Hulk Workout
Time: 60 minutes
Equipment: Cones, Mats, Tyres, Ropes, ~120cm (4ft) Boxing Bag
Mobility: Hands Overhead Squats, Frog Squats, Reverse lunge with twist, No money, Seal Jacks
Today’s workout is self paced by the individual. Clients will rotate to the next station once they complete their current station.
Clients will aim to complete 3 rounds. Tell them that once 1/3 of the group is completed everyone will stop. Eg. if you have a group of 20 clients, after 7 have finished 3 rounds have the class finish the station they are on and stop.
Take 5 minutes to demonstrate and explain each exercise.
1. OH Tyre Carry – Clients must carry a tyre overhead 20 metres to a cone and back 3 times. You can also do this with 5-10kg medicine balls.
2. Upper Strength Station – 20 Suicide Push Ups, 40 Prone Pulldowns, 20 Commando Push Ups
3. KB Farmer’s Walk – Holding 2 kettlebells by their side, clients must do a loop of the circuit (~100m circumference). Feel free to use dumbbell’s or spare tyres instead of kettlebells.
4. Rope Lunge – This station needs to be done with 4 or 5 people. Clients will need to wait for others to catch up. While holding the rope above their heads in a line, clients will need to walking lunge 25 meters and back. The rope must not hit the ground or else the group must stop and all do 5 jump squats.
5. Boxing Bag/Tyre Flip – Flip the boxing bag or a large tyre end over end 10 times.
6. Squat through tyres – Keeping their hips low, clients must navigate through a set of car tyres 3 times.
Note on station 4 (Rope Lunge): If you only have a small group omit this station to prevent having clients waiting around for people to catch up. Instead do this at the end as a group finisher.
200m slow run and stretch
Make sure you sign up to our email list so that you don’t miss out on the Iron Man and Thor workouts. You can get the Captain America workout now.
Image: Abi Skipp
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply