Is being successful really about adding new clients to your business every week? When is enough clients… enough?
Today’s episode is inspired by a question from a listener, Donna from New York (if you have a question for us you can ask it here).
I would love to know your thoughts on the statements “grow or die” and “maintenance is a myth”. Two statements that have been haunting me a little the last few months and how this topic came about. In my particular situation of the pandemic and being in a hot spot, I am happy to be able to stay afloat with my modest community of around 50. Is that just a way to let myself off the hook for not growing?
This question lead Dale and Kyle on a 30 minute conversation about success, poor marketing techniques, B.S. and comparing yourselves to others.
Links and timestamps are below.
- 0:45 – Quick update on how some state’s are letting face to face group fitness sessions resume
- 4:00 – Are the terms ‘grow or die’ and ‘maintenance is a myth’ true? Do I really have to keep growing my business?
- 7:45 – False dichotomies and bad marketing
- 10:15 – Investing in new clients versus your existing clients
- 13:30 – Defining your own version of success
- 16:50 – Being present with what you DO have
- 19:30 – The endless treadmill of comparison
- 24:00 – More on defining your own version of success
- 28:45 – Right Here, Right Now
Success is the person I am and the impact I’m having.
– Dale Sidebottom
Comparison is a game that you will always lose.
– Kyle Wood
Listen on Your Phone
Or search for The Trainers Tribe Podcast in your favourite podcast player.
Leave us a Voicemail
You can now ask us a question or leave us a comment in on our online voicemail. We’ll answer your questions in future episodes and use your comments to help pick the podcast topics.
Just like you love getting to hear us, we’d love to hear your voice too.
Use the button below to leave us a message.
- Join The Trainers Tribe Community Facebook Group
- Kyle’s Competition!
- Annual Bootcamp Ideas Competition (coming soon)
- Dale’s Recent Summit!
*We may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through our book links. We’ll use this money to buy better mics and singing lessons for Dale.
Bonus Behind-The-Scenes: Kyle’s Bread Making
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Lynn Satow says
Great podcast. Learning to be authentic!
Kyle Wood says
Thanks Lynn 🙂