Now we’re several months into various stages of lockdown, it’s time to look at your online sessions (and face-to-face one’s too) and start adding back in some wow and excitement.
Dale’s run hundreds of bootcamp sessions and workshop sessions from all around the world. Often to groups of people where a lot of them don’t know him.
He shares how he gets people engaged and having fun quickly and then leaving the session talking about what they experienced to others.
- Welcome to the show! [0:00]
- What to add to the start and end of your sessions [3:20]
- Dale share’s 6 icebreaker games to kick off your session [5:50]
- Using games as breaks and a tool for connection [12:30]
- Keeping clients engaged in your Facebook group [16:00]
- Right here, right now [19:50]
You can use the player above to listen or you can click one of the links below:
- Android phone? Google Podcasts
- Apple phone? Apple Podcasts (previously known as iTunes)
We’re on a bunch of other platforms too. Just search ‘The Trainers Tribe’ in your favourite podcast app.
Who We Are
Dale and Kyle use this podcast as a way to share their advice and learnings in a casual, unfiltered format. We also both have ‘proper’ businesses where we help trainers and instructors improve their skills through various products. You can find out more about Dale and his offerings at Energetic Education and more about Kyle right here on Bootcamp Ideas.
Links and Things We Talked About
Here are the links to various videos, podcats and products we mentioned in this episode:
- Dale Sidebottom’s TEDx Talk
- Fitness Game Zone
- BootCraft Virtual Sessions
- Video Idea: Pass the Towel
- Video Idea: Boss Bitch Fight Challenge
- Podcast: Should You Eat The Soup?
- Daily Mission Cards
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply