I like to run themed challenge workouts to mix it up a bit. Make sure you psych your clients out as the session progresses to keep them hungry. Finish up the session with a good pep talk congratulating them on a job well done and highlighting good performances.
Goals: Tyres HIIT
Duration: 1 hour
Mats, a heap of tyres (at least 1pp), battling rope
30 seconds of pushups, burpees and bent knee plank. Repeat twice.
3 rounds of 90-60-30 seconds:
- Prisoner Squats
- Tyre OH Press
- Crunch w twist
Storm the beach
- Move the tyres and rope up the beach in waves (use cones to mark each wave).
- Move all tires first and then rope.
- Time the first run and then have the group attempt to beat the run each repeated time.
Cover the base
- Set up cones in a square.
- Have clients line tires up in a row between 2 cones. Leave around a meter between tires.
- Run patrol by zig zagging through tires and bear crawl back to start.
- Change which edge of the square they must patrol. (Clients will have to move tyres each time)
Tire pass – seated
- Clients sit back to front in a line.
- Must pass tyres over head to the person infront/behind.
- Once tyre is passed, client hopes up and runs to the other end of the line to receive the tire again.
- 1 leg table top
- Elbow plank w hip drop
For more workouts like this, keep up to date by following our RSS feed. (Get updates emailed to your inbox)
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply