It’s coming on summer here in Australia. That means lots of standing around at BBQ’s drinking beer.
To help our clients enduring this hardship, they’ll need strong legs and a high metabolism. This workout should do the trick.
My Legs Are On Fire
Goal: Lower Body Muscular Endurance/Crosstraining
Duration: 60 minutes
5 minute jog around park area. Shuttle runs with high knees, butt kicks, lunges and squats.
Three Person Circuit
Split clients into teams of three people.
In their teams:
- One client will rest (or active rest),
- One will do the main strength exercise. This exercise is also the timekeeper (the team rotates once the team member doing the strength exercise completes all of their reps),
- And one will run a shuttle run.
Keep each round going until each team has completed 3 rounds of the circuit. Take a short drink break then go on to the next Round.
- Active rest: Plank
- Strength exercise: Squats – 25 reps
- Shuttles: 15 metre Shuttle Run
- Active rest: Suicide Plank
- Strength exercise: King Deadlift – 10 reps/leg
- Shuttles: 15 metre Power Skip then jog back
- Active rest: Plank w/ toe taps
- Strength exercise: Jump Lunges – 10 reps/leg
- Shuttles: 15 metre Backpedal then jog back
- Active rest: Isometric Squat
- Strength exercise: Ridiculous Lunges – 5 sets
- Shuttles: 15 metre sloooooow Bear Crawl
What are Ridiculous Lunges?
Essentially ridiculous lunges are a combination of jump squats and jump lunges. Here’s how: Start in a squat, jump up and land in the bottom of a lunge position. Jump up again and land back in your squat position. Jump again and land in a lunge position (with legs opposite to the last lunge). Jump back to your squat and start again.
Each round (2 jump squats and 2 lunges) equals 1 set.
Go for a 5 minute slow jog to loosen up legs. Stretch.
Ey mate, get on this here email list to get bootcamp ideas and workouts sent to your inbox.
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.