This weeks crafty workout comes from Katy Ross of KickStart Personal Training in the UK.
Time: 60 minutes
This is a workout I use 1-1 but can be adapted to a group environment. You can chose the amount of round depending on the time you have as well as client ability. I use 3 round in the example.
This is a half cardio half resistance workout, for the first round your cardio exercise may be squat jumps and your resistance exercise may be a kettlebell swing so this would work like:
- 1 squat jump 15 kettlebell swings
- 2 squat jump 14 kettlebell swings
- 3 squat jump 13 kettlebell swings
- 4 squat jump 12 kettlebell swings
- 5 squat jump 11 kettlebell swings
- 6 squat jump 10 kettlebell swings
- 7 squat jump 9 kettlebell swings
- 8 squat jump 8 kettlebell swings
- 9 squat jump 7 kettlebell swings
- 10 squat jump 6 kettlebell swings
- 11 squat jump 5 kettlebell swings
- 12 squat jump 4 kettlebell swings
- 13 squat jump 3 kettlebell swings
- 14 squat jump 2 kettlebell swings
- 15 squat jump 1 kettlebell swings
This would complete round 1 of 3. I would then change the cardio exercise to mountain climbers and the resistance exercise to press ups and complete in the same way I would then move on to round 3 of 3 where us would use star jumps for the cardio exercise and the resistance exercise to leg lifts. That would complete my workout but as I said earlier extra/fewer rounds can be added or taken away to suite group.
Kyle’s note: Some other combo’s you could use for rounds 2 and 3:
- Push ups and Kettlebell goblet walking lunges
- Kettlebell squat to press and Kettlebell 1-arm rows
- 1-leg kettlebell deadlift and Feet-up crunches
- 10m shuttles and Crunch holding kettlebell
- Mountain climbers and Jump lunges
About Katy Ross
Katy Ross is a self employed personal trainer based Lancashire, UK. She is 20 years old been in business only 8 months. She also runs various group exercise groups as well as a new bootcamp. Check out Katy’s website, Kick Start PT.
Guest submissions are workouts shared by awesome trainers from all around the world. You can read a bit more about this author under the workout above.. To become one of these awesome trainers why don’t you submit one of your own?