This weeks crafty workout comes from Katy Ross of KickStart Personal Training in the UK.
1 to 15 15 to 1
This is a workout I use 1-1 but can be adapted to a group environment. You can chose the amount of round depending on the time you have as well as client ability. I use 3 round in the example.
This is a half cardio half resistance workout, for the first round your cardio exercise may be squat jumps and your resistance exercise may be a kettlebell swing so this would work like:
- 1 Squat Jump – 15 Kettlebell Swings
- 2 Squat Jump – 14 Kettlebell Swings
- 3 Squat Jump – 13 Kettlebell Swings
- 4 Squat Jump – 12 Kettlebell Swings
- 5 Squat Jump – 11 Kettlebell Swings
- 6 Squat Jump – 10 Kettlebell Swings
- 7 Squat Jump – 9 Kettlebell Swings
- 8 Squat Jump – 8 Kettlebell Swings
- 9 Squat Jump – 7 Kettlebell Swings
- 10 Squat Jump – 6 Kettlebell Swings
- 11 Squat Jump – 5 Kettlebell Swings
- 12 Squat Jump – 4 Kettlebell Swings
- 13 Squat Jump – 3 Kettlebell Swings
- 14 Squat Jump – 2 Kettlebell Swings
- 15 Squat Jump – 15 Kettlebell Swings
Squat Jump Video
Kettlebell Swings Video
This would complete round 1 of 3. I would then change the cardio exercise to mountain climbers and the resistance exercise to press ups and complete in the same way I would then move on to round 3 of 3 where us would use star jumps for the cardio exercise and the resistance exercise to leg lifts. That would complete my workout but as I said earlier extra/fewer rounds can be added or taken away to suite group.
Kyle’s note: Some other combo’s you could use for rounds 2 and 3:
- Push Ups and Kettlebell Goblet Walking Lunges
- Kettlebell Squat to press and Kettlebell 1-arm Rows
- 1-leg Kettlebell Deadlift and Feet-up Crunches
- 10m Shuttles and Crunch Holding Kettlebell
- Mountain Climbers and Jump Lunges
About Katy Ross
Katy Ross is a self employed personal trainer based Lancashire, UK. She is 20 years old been in business only 8 months. She also runs various group exercise groups as well as a new bootcamp.
Guest submissions are workouts shared by awesome trainers from all around the world. You can read a bit more about this author under the workout above.. To become one of these awesome trainers why don’t you submit one of your own?