This holiday themed workout comes from first time workout submitter Nicole King.
If you don’t have all of the equipment below, try to come up with your own stations that fit with the festive season.
Functional Fitness Frenzy
Each exercise represents an ordinary daily event that one may do. Between each exercise, ‘Fido’ the dog escapes and participants must sprint to end of field (to get Fido) and back to the next station.
First round, each station is for 1 minute. Second round each station goes for 30 seconds.
1. Morning Coffee – wall sits while doing DB or med ball curls (like your drinking coffee)
2. Chop the wood – sledge hammer on tire
3. Shovel the snow – lift med ball from feet and “throw” it over opposite shoulder
4. Carry the suitcase – carry DB up stairs – 5 squats and come back down
5. Shake out the rug – rope slams
6. Toy jumps – jump over 8 hurdles
7. Grocery Shopping – push sled to plate, add, push to next plate, add, etc. Pull back to beginning
8. Dragging – your body is so tired at the end of the day, that you are dragging. On belly, body is limp and simply use arms to drag yourself back home.
9. Wine time – like #1, wall sits with DB curls.
Again, after the time is up, instructor calls, “Who let the dog out?!” and they all sprint to the end and back to their next station. It was so fun and a couple of people got pretty upset that the darn dog kept getting out of the house. Very fun and functional.
I am a personal trainer in MN and have fallen in love with bootcamps. I firmly believe in functional fitness and the benefits it provides to all of us.
How To Do Rope Slams
To share your own workouts with the community, use the Submit A Workout form. To stay informed of all of our future workouts, join our newsletter by entering your email in the green box below.
Guest submissions are workouts shared by awesome trainers from all around the world. You can read a bit more about this author under the workout above.. To become one of these awesome trainers why don’t you submit one of your own?