This week’s workout is from Kate Skerten of Whangarei, New Zealand. Thanks for sharing Kate!
Time: 60 minutes
Run one lap of basketball court.
Tabata: Mountain Climbers (20 sec on 10 sec off ×8)
Reps can be broken down into sets to be more manageable. Eg. two sets of 20 reps and one set of 10 reps.
- 50 Burpees – grounded or not grounded
- 50 Kettlebell swings
- 50 Medball wall balls or slams
- 50 Power bag deadlifts
- 50 Tricep dips
- 50 Press ups full or on knees
- 50 Kettlebell high pull
- 50 Power bag squats
- 50 Box jumps or step ups
- 50 Power bag lunges alternate on spot or walking
For managing fitness levels I had 10kg powerbags for not so strong people, press ups on knees, burpees not grounded, step ups or high knees instead of box jumps.
Most people finished around the same time. There was a few minutes gap between person who finished first and last, so they had options to do a wall sit or sit ups, and have a longer rest if need.
Core – 2 sets of:
- 20 Crunches
- 20 Cycles
- 20 Alternate toe touches – legs at 90 degrees touch feet/as far as you can reach
- 20 Bear hugs – seated on the ground, bend legs, hug arms around knees, extend arms and legs at same time ideally head up but can be on ground.
- 20 Plank – jump feet in and out
I’ve always been interested in sport, health, fitness, outdoors, from a young age. I studied Personal Training in Dunedin, NZ. I’m currently taking a trainers Fitcamp sessions in Whangarei, NZ.
Check out this other Filthy Fifty workout.
Image: Muddy | DVIDSHUB
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.