The last 12 months have made us really good at reacting.
Lockdown. Open up.
You can have this many clients. No, you can’t.
Learn this new tool. Wait, this one is better.
Clients are leaving. Totally new clients are showing up.
All we could do was simply hold on and react to what was happening in that moment.
Reacting is great tool for surviving. But now we’re getting some room to breathe and to think beyond the next 24 hours. It’s time to get some clear direction and clarity around where you want your business to go over the next 6-12 months.
Let me introduce you to one trainer who took back control:
Deidre had a dream. The kind of dream that you have when you want something so bad it makes your chest tight and your heart race. Having been through significant personal growth (including having a beautiful baby girl last year) she had experienced first hand the power of exercise on her body and mindset.
She wanted to coach men and women to be more confident in their own skin through an online bootcamp, but she didn’t know how to start.
Things were feeling stagnant in her business. She was struggling to pull the trigger and do this thing that she knew she really wanted to do. Luckily she found out about a pilot program I was running. It gave her some accountability and she got clear on what she should be focusing on.
She launched her first online bootcamp and went from $0 per month to $500 per month in a couple of months.
I’m so proud of Deirdre. While I’ve shared what she earned (mainly because that was a big goal of hers) I don’t subscribe to the school of money equals success. Honestly, who gives a flip how much you earn as long as you’re making enough to pay yourself and having fun.
Instead with Deirdre (and the rest of the trainers in the pilot group), we focused on creating great systems and supporting each other. As you can see, once she was able to get out of her own way she was able to finally launch and thrive.
The systems and lessons she implemented can be done by anyone who runs a group fitness business and have been tested and re-tested by me over the past 10 years.
Here are some stories from the pilot group:
- I told you about Deidre who is finally earning an income through fitness again after returning to work after having her baby.
- Theresa, who had been working on her money blocks, was able to hire an assistant trainer and streamline her business.
- Caroline felt reactive after the pandemic lockdowns but has now identified her long term career and business goals and in a few months is either completing them or has already kicked their butt.
- Deb was feeling rushed off her feet and overwhelmed with an influx of new clients post-lockdowns. She’s been able to put great systems in place and is more strategic with her time and energy.
- Lyndon was wanting to delve into online training but didn’t know where to start. Now he has a clear vision for what his business is about and much a stronger online presence to attract clients.
Next week I’m going to show you the common misconceptions trainers have about running a great fitness business. It’s these misconceptions that lead them to feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next (sound familiar?).
Soon, you too will be able to learn how get better systems in place in your business.
Remember: Better systems = more clarity = more professional!
Before you go, let me know where you’re at right now. Leave a comment below.
Just share two words (one ‘positive’ and one ‘negative’) about how you feel about your business right now. (eg. Awesome and Scared, Positive and Uncertain, Lost and Excited).