This workout is from Jamie Harvey of Advance Fitness. It was an entry in our Bootcamp Ideas competition last year.
‘Escalating’ Partner Drills
Workout type: Cardio Endurance
Length: 60 minutes
Equipment needed: Medballs (4-8 kg), Cones, Agility ladders
Five laps of area + dynamic stretches (high knees, butt kicks, lunges, squats, over the fence, arm swings)
Game: Medicine Ball Over and Under
- Split the class into two or three teams and have each team line up with team mates one behind the other about one metre apart.
- Each team is given a medicine ball which begins at the front of their line.
- The participant at the front of the line must lift the ball over their head and hand it to the participant behind them. That participant then puts the ball between their legs and hands it to the participant behind them.
- This is then repeated throughout the line.
- Once each individual hands the ball to the person behind them they must complete a burpee, before running to the back of the line to rejoin the game.
- The first team to reach the other end of the court or marked out area (about 20 metres) wins. You can make it best of three games to determine an eventual winning team.
‘Escalating’ Partner Drills
- Firstly get the boot campers to pair up with someone of similar fitness level.
- There are six drills which each have an exercise to be completed on the spot and an exercise involving shuttles
- One participant from each pair must complete a shuttle while the other participant completes the exercise on the spot.
- As soon as the shuttle is completed, the participant tags their partner and they swap exercises.
- This is continuously repeated. If you want to make it competitive get each pair to count and record the amount of times they tag their partner at each station
- Two sets of two minutes each drill. 30 seconds rest in between each set.
|Drill||Shuttle Exercise||Exercise On Spot|
|1||Sprint (15 metres)||Mountain Climbers|
|2||Broad jumps (10 metres)||Toe touch jumps|
|3||Hands through ladder (5 metres)||Burpees|
|4||Lunges (15 metres)||Sit ups|
|5||Bear crawl (10 metres)||Push ups|
|6||Ladder side to side hop (5 metres)||Squat jumps|
Layout of ‘Escalating’ partner drills: number represents drill, red dots represent cones.
Myself and Oarey McWilliam have been running indoor boot camps at Advance Fitness Club in Invercargill, New Zealand, for over a year. We have over 70 clients across four classes and have developed a 12 week program that is achieving some brilliant results.
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply