In today’s episode we’re talking about upskilling, how the fitness industry education system works and how to pick an awesome course.
What we talk about:
- CECs vs. what you’ll learn [1:20]
- Do you need to earn CECs or be registered to train people? [4:30]
- We pull back the curtain on how continued education works [6:30]
- What makes a course interesting? [10:30]
- Where we go to learn and upskill [14:30]
- Do you need points? Other options you can take [21:20]
- Right here, right now [26:35]
You can use the player above to listen or you can click one of the links below:
- Android phone? Google Podcasts
- Apple phone? Apple Podcasts (previously known as iTunes)
We’re on a bunch of other platforms too. Just search ‘The Trainers Tribe’ in your favourite podcast app.
Links and Things We Talked About
Here are the links to various videos, podcats and products we mentioned in this episode:
- TED Talk: Do Schools Kill Creativity? – Dr Ken Robinson
- Seth Godin: Akimbo Workshops
- Book: This Is Marketing by Seth Godin
- Healthy Minds Positive Vibes Summit 2.0
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.