This drill is an entry to our 2020 Bootcamp Ideas Workout Competition. It was sent in by Nicola Chapman.
Drill Length: 55 minutes
5 mins – 30 sec ea of the following:
- Jog on spot
- Inch worm/walkouts
- Alternating step out lunges
- High knees jog
- Side to side squats
- Bum kicks
- Side to side lunges
- Jumping jacks
PLUS 2 mins dynamic stretching (roughly 8 reps of ea) –
- Standing glute pulse
- Hamstring pulse
- Pull foot to bum quad stretch (1sec hold)
- Feet together/arms reach up standing side bends
- Side lunge adductor pulse
- Forward step hip flexor pulse (back leg almost straight)
- Arm swings
- any other area people personally need.
Each participant needs pen and paper. Aim to is find words and then spell out those words doing exercises that correspond to letters.
This can be done online (share Boggle image screen on Zoom or send prior) or face-to-face (hand out printout or put on large whiteboard). Can also be done as individuals, small teams (eg breakout rooms on Zoom) or as large group, taking it in turns for someone to call out word.
- Zoom or face-to-face session, split group into small teams. Get them to work together for the session. Two winners at the end are for (i) most words in total and (ii) longest word found (get out of ‘Finisher’ burpees).
- As individuals (Zoom or face-to-face) get each person to call out a word and take it in turns throughout session.
Exercises ( x10 reps for each exercise. If double sided exercise, 10 in total)
- A – Squat jumps
- E – Reverse crunch to double leg lower
- G – Skaters (plyometric with tap down)
- H – Static lunge pulse
- I – Jumping Jacks
- O – High plank push up to sit back
- P – Fire hydrants (4 pt kneel, lift one leg 90 deg to side)
- R – Hand release push-ups
- T – Sea Turtles
- Y – Tricep dips (body weight or off bench)
4 levels – Time for each is 10mins (1 min to write words, 9 mins to execute as many as possible).
Check in after each round to see how many words people got and how many they got through exercise wise (if doing teams).
- Level 1 3 letter words
- Level 2 4 letter words
- Level 3 5 letter words
- Level 4 >5 letter words
Finisher: 10 burpees, unless you are one of the winning teams
Cool down stretch and chat (5 mins) Stretch all body parts used in session and chat about different words found
About the entrant:
I’m a ‘Word of Mouth’ group (and personal) trainer based in Melbourne, Australia, running sessions on the beach and surrounds. I fit my work around my big care role for two young boys and a mother with Alzheimer’s. My work is a pleasurable outlet and although I don’t have the time to invest in growth now, I have a bucket load of ideas for when that time comes, especially after learning a heap of new skills via online training and connecting to this awesome group during this lockdown period. Every cloud has a silver lining! 😉
View all 2020 competition entries.
Guest submissions are workouts shared by awesome trainers from all around the world. You can read a bit more about this author under the workout above.. To become one of these awesome trainers why don’t you submit one of your own?
Leave a Reply