Have you got a big idea?
Perhaps a new service you’ve been wanting to add in addition to your group fitness sessions.
How do you know if it will take off?
In our experience ideas don’t work in reality for one of two reasons:
- We get so excited about the idea that we sink heaps of time and money into creating it only to launch it to the world to find no one wants to buy it (this is more Dale)
- The idea feels too overwhelming (too much time, money or skills we don’t have needed) and we procrastinate indefinitely bringing the idea to life (this is more Kyle)
In today’s episode we cover what to do if you’re guilty of either of these .
Dale shares a story about creating a full membership site and launching to crickets and another one about how one social media post turned into a new business for him. Kyle shares about how he tested out a nutrition accountability service with in a pilot group in his bootcamp and what he learned from that.
Plus a bunch more like:
- What a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is
- Ways to easily test your idea with spending heaps of time and money
- Why trying and failing can often lead opportunities and good learning for future projects
- How to let go of an idea you love when it’s clear it’s not going to work
- What a Bootcamp Sandwich is
This episode covers Step 2 of our recent episode 5 Steps to Creating an Online Offer. Check out the original episode or our Step 1 deep dive.
You can use the player above to listen or you can click one of the links below:
- Android phone? Google Podcasts
- Apple phone? Apple Podcasts (previously known as iTunes)
Support the Pod
Speaking of ideas, The Trainers Tribe, was an idea we had and wanted to create. We started with a few episodes and now are up to 54 episodes!
If you love what we do, please consider supporting us by leaving us a review. Go to the Reviews tab on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review or rating. We love reading these. Thanks!
Links to things we mention
- Podcast: 5 Steps to Creating an Online Offer
- Website: Learning With Games
- Article: Fitness Is My Passion
- Website: Seth Godin
- Article: Bushfire Fundraiser
- Article: Better than free?
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.
Leave a Reply