This workout is from Nadinne Wilkinson of AMP Fitness Boxing. Read to the bottom to find out how to get more boxing workouts!
Walk > Jog > Run > Sprint
- Set up two lines of cones about 20m apart & move from one cone to the next & back again
- Make sure you keep an eye on time and tell everyone when to change intensity
Order of events:
- Walk – 30 seconds
- Power walk & pump arms – 30 seconds
- Slow jog/Shuffle – 30 seconds
- Full Jog – 30 seconds
- ¾ pace jogging – 30 seconds
- Sprint fast as you can – 30 seconds
Take a break and repeat.
Each ’round’ takes 5-6 minutes.
Round 1 – 2 minutes flat
- JC = Jab-Cross = Straight punches
- Set timer for 2 minutes (can increase if you wish)
- Continuously go through all exercises in first column in order until 2 minutes is up. Eg: once finished x20 Uppers go back to start x20 high knees.
- Boxer & Pad Holder both complete exercises together as fast as they can.
- Work flat out for 2 minutes then change over and change exercises to second column.
|1st Boxer||2nd Boxer|
|x20 High Knees||x10 Scissor Shuffles|
|x30 JC||x30 JC|
|x10 Speed Skaters||x10 Russian Twists|
|x20 Hooks||x20 Hooks|
|x10 Bicycle Crunches||x10 Star Jumps|
|x20 Upper cuts||x20 Upper cuts|
Round 2 – Half the High Knees
Complete first row then move to second row and so on. Once all rows are done change over B & PH and repeat
Padholders hold a plank on their elbows while boxer does high knees.
- x100 Uppers, x10 Overheads, x50 High knees
- x80 Uppers, x10 Overheads, x40 High knees
- x60 Uppers, x10 Overheads, x30 High knees
- x40 Uppers, x10 Overheads, x20 High knees
- x20 Uppers, x10 Overheads, x10 High knees
Round 3 – 100 High Knees
Complete first row then move to second row and so on. Once all rows are done change over B & PH and repeat.
Pad holder does push ups while boxer does squat jumps.
- x50 JC, x20 High Knees, x10 Squat Jumps
- x40 JC, x20 High Knees, x10 Squat Jumps
- x30 JC, x20 High Knees, x10 Squat Jumps
- x20 JC, x20 High Knees, x10 Squat Jumps
- x10 JC, x20 High Knees, x10 Squat Jumps
Round 4 – Combo Builder
Complete first row of punches x15 times. Then move to second row and add a new punch and complete x15 times and so on. Once complete change over B & PH and repeat.
LH = Left Hook, RH = Right Hook, LU = Left Upper cut
- JC, LH x 15
- JC, LH, bob, RH x 15
- JC, LH, bob, RH, LU x 15
Round 5 – Up 2, Back 1
Set up 6 cones 5m apart in a line (25m from end to end).
- Start at the first cone with x30 JC.
- Run up two cones.
- Run back one cone.
- x30 JC
- Continue the up two cones and back one cone 4 times one way then turn and come back the other way to where you started. Swap.
Round 6 – On The Minute
1 minute rounds:
|1st Boxer||2nd Boxer|
|Drill||On whistle||Drill||On whistle|
x4 scissor shuffles
|x1 Sprawl||x6 JC,|
x4 scissor shuffles
|1x touch toes and jump|
- Set timer for 1-2 minutes, you can choose depending on fitness levels.
- Boxers start punching.
- At varying intervals instructor blows whistle and everyone stops punching and drops down, hands on ground and jump legs back into full plank position. Then jump feet back to hands and stand up and fast as they can (Sprawl). Then continue punching as quickly as they can.
- Continue for set time. Then change over B & PH and change the exercise when whistle is blown to bending down, touch toes and big vertical jump in the air.
Group Drill – Move Right
- Set up a big circle with cones. PH’s at cones facing out.
- B performs x20 JC.
- B runs around circle in clockwise direction to one person less than where they started.
- B performs x20 JC and runs around circle again to one less PH where they just were.
- Once B back to starting position can change direction and repeat.
- Change over and repeat.
- PH Burpees on same cone while waiting for next B to arrive.
- 1 minute plank on elbows
- x20 Bicycle crunches
- x20 crunches lift shoulders off ground, slow and controlled
Hamstrings, Quads, Groin, Chest, Shoulders, Side ITB stretch, Back stretch, Glute Stretch, Tricep stretch.
I am a group fitness instructor and I run a boxing fitness session once a week in a small country town as well as working full time. I try to make each session different, new, challenging and most of all, fun!! I love this idea of sharing workouts as it saves time and also inspires my creative side with new ideas. I can modify an idea to suit my clients.
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.